Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Get your rest

I've been thinking about what to write in today's self care blog. I've had several things run through my head. Relieving shoulder tension and low back stretches were the two at the top of the list. But, to be honest I'm really tired. Literally. I had trouble getting to sleep last night and I feel whupped.

So, I thought I'd write about that. Getting your rest is a very important part of taking care of yourself. There are lots of chemical & physical reasons why a full night's sleep is important, but as my brain is a bit fuzzy, I can't remember the details. (Ironic, isn't it?)

Basically less sleep = more stress. When we don't sleep we can be cranky, forgetful, and less able to think clearly. And stressed. And prolonged stress dows nasty things to the body. Every thing from weight gain to compromised immune system has been linked to stress.

So, so your body a favor and take time to get your rest. It'll thank you for it.

No comments: