Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spirit Women taking off

The women's spiritual activism group (a millionth circle group) my mother started is growing slowly, but surely. We've had more people show up at each meeting, and this month's meeting was a good one. We had fun with the roles of both sound and silence in a spiritual practice, and came up with some great ideas about how we can make a difference in the community as a group. I'm getting really excited about it and am planning to participate in it more and more. One of the members mentioned the Standing Women movement. It's women (and men) who stand in silence for five minutes to help bring awareness to the goals of creating a safe world for our children. It's happening May 11th, at 1pm local time all over the globe. Because of conflicting schedules we didn't decide to meet as a group, but there are women standing in the Dallas area. You can check it out at standingwomen.org. I'm going to be in a continuing education class that day, so I'm going to e-mail the school and let them know about it. Maybe the class would like to participate!

If you are interested in attending a Spirit Women circle, please let me know. We had to move the meeting day and place for May. We are meeting at a member's office and she asked me not to post it online. I think we'll be back at the Spiritual Fitness Center in June, but I'll definitely post any changes here and on out website: spiritwomen.bravehost.com.

No comments: