Sunday, March 9, 2008

Family business. Sort of.

Today I did a bit of networking. A bit. A little bit. Like meeting two new people worth of networking. My mother, who is an energy worker and all around spiritual person, has started a women's spiritual activism circle. Today was the second monthly meeting and I went. I knew all but two of the people there, but it got me thinking. I didn't even think about networking when I made out my list of ways to advertise. Duh!

Also, I looked into advertising in the Holistic Networker, a free alternative health magazine. It's free to place a listing in their online directory, but it's just an alphabetized listing with no way to search by location. Unless my name was Allison or Abby, I don't know what good it will do. I took a look at their print advertising, and it's less than $100 for a directory listing there. And those are location-specific, so I would be advertising in a publication that is distributed in the Dallas area. So, something to think about.

I also updated the meta tags on my website the other day. I didn't realize that I could change the ones that were automatically generated by the site builder tool thingy. Man, they were awful. So, ya, now they actually have the words "massage therapy" in them. And guess what? There was a jump in my hits! Yea for descriptive meta tags!

1 comment:

Khema Yen said...

Merry, I was browsing through blogspot when your blog caught my attention. Hi, I am Yen Yen, and like you, has just starting working on my Reiki (and Metamorphosis) business. Yeah, I am a Reiki Master too. Will drop by your blog every now and then to see how you are doing. Please visit my blog http://happyhandsnfeet.blogspot.com. I'm sure we can learn a lot from each other.